A World of Care
Too many children in our world are faced with a crisis of mental illness and physical disability. They need your help to ensure that they have the same opportunity as healthy children to compete in the 21st Century, enabling them to communicate effectively and live healthy, productive lives. Caring Hearts Advocates needs your donations to help provide health solutions and wellness programs for these disabled youth, as well as instill life skills in young adults to prepare them for employment and future independence. We also plan to provide families and caregivers with mental health awareness, community services, and advocacy through activities designed to give these children the chance they deserve to live a productive and healthy lifestyle. Won't you help to open the door to the future for these children in the U.S. and Africa?
Your donations will help solve so many problems and open the door to the future for these children.
In the next two years we plan to ->
In Africa, specifically in Rwanda at the Aveh Umurerwa Center -
- Medical Treatment, Training and Education for Children with Disabilities and to Provide Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Train and Educate Staff Members and Volunteers to Become Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapists and Nurses Who Can Work with Aveh Umurerwa Center in Rwanda. Finance Disabled Childrens' Education
- Provide Equipment, Medication and Products for Hygiene and Financial Assistance to Maintain the Center
- Provide Training and Counseling to the Parents of Disabled Children
In the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area-
- Provide Respite Care to Children with Mental Illness and Physical Disability by Helping Their Parents Care for Them
- While numerous government and local agencies already assist with healthcare, Caring Hearts Advocates will focus on helping these families navigate the healthcare and assistance system.
Special Caring Hearts Advocates Upcoming Events:
Our top priority now is to support 112 disabled children - some pictured in the photo- 22 living in a desperately ill-equipped center in Rwanda, 90 receiving home care. The Aveh Umurarwa center was founded by a kind-hearted nurse who operates the center solely on donations. The conditions in her center are dire - they lack supplies for proper hygiene, insufficient medications, and therapists and doctors to check on the children living there.
You can help! Our goal is to raise $45,000 to make the greatest impact for the children pictured above through a mission trip, as soon as we can! We are recruiting doctors and therapists to travel with us and take much needed supplies like medication, wheelchair, walker, braces and other basic necessities such as products for hygiene, gloves, diapers etc.
More information will be posted on our website soon. Go to our "Get Involved" page to donate. And, thank you!